In 2009, EBBS started a new initiative replacing the former financial “workshop – support”: the “EBBS Sponsored International Lecturers“.
Members are invited to submit proposals to the committee for support of an EBBS sponsored International Lecturer at a local or national meeting or workshop.
Please, note that the rules for EBBS international lecturer sponsoring have changed:
Three calls will be launched during the year and we will sponsor 2 lecturers per call.
The deadlines for applications will be :
– 31st of January
– 31st of May
– 30th of September
A travel grant of 700 Euros will be awarded to defray the additional costs of a lecturer from another country.
Applicants (who should be members of EBBS) should provide sufficient details to satisfy the committee:
• the lecturer will make an important contribution and enhance the quality of the meeting
• the lecturer will raise the profile of both the meeting and the EBBS
• the meeting will be advertised widely, with EBBS support clearly acknowledged
• the meeting will be open to all EBBS members
• a brief report on the meeting and lecture should be submitted after the meeting, to help us assess whether the relevance of the lecture for the meeting and purposes of the EBBS
Awards will be competitive with other applications.
Applications should include a one-page c.v. of the nominated lecturer. They should be made at least 6 months before the meeting and addressed to the Secretary Antonis Stamatakis ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
Successful applicants will be informed by email 3 weeks after their application.